Sunday, February 5, 2017

Artist Highlight: Lisa Zador from Curious Portraits

I'd like to apologize for my absence lately. I've been very quite busy.... I'll update you guys in the next post!

However, for now, we have another artist I'd absolutely love to share! Lisa Zador and her Curious Portraits was too adorable to pass up. Now, when I say that- I mean it. You have cats in sailor costumes, ducks, cows. I'm pretty sure you get the point. Try not to have a cuteness overload at some, will ya?

For my octopus-loving friends, this one you will need right next to your other octopus art. Trust me. I already want this one.
$20.00 + (depending on size)

Why yes, I did fall in love with this. Wouldn't you?

Remember from your childhood about "Humpty Dumpty"? Funny how they never mention that it's an egg falling, but I think I'm getting off track here. If want food art in your kitchen, say hello to the Egg Man!
$20.00 (depending on size)

Can I just say really quickly how much I love this style of art? You look at it and for me, it takes me to a completely new time. A new era.

Back to the art.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
"Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou," I said, "art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore–
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore."
Love Edgar Allan Poe? Love ravens? So do I!
$20.00+ (depending on size)

Sorry, but I had to quote Poe just so you can see how gorgeous this bird is! Oh, and he's wearing a bow tie!

Remember how earlier I mentioned a cat in a sailor suit? Well, I thought I'd show you just exactly what I mean.
$20.00+ (depending on size)

If my cat tolerated it, I'd try to recreate this painting. Sadly, he most likely would hate me for 1000 years.

And for our last and final piece, a walk down memory lane. If you're old enough, you remember "Goosebumps" books, and one in particular called "Slappy the Dummy." When I saw this one, it brought me right back to reading it during, after, and before school. I absolutely loved that one book, and I'm not sure why. In fact, I loved ALL those books- but that one I couldn't put down.
$20.00+ (depending on size)

Confession: I used to be scared of ventriloquist dolls (think Dale Gribble in "King of the Hill"), but I've grown to really like them.

Lisa has TONS of others at her Etsy shop, including Jules Verne, Edgar Allan Poe, and even skeletons. So go browse and fall in love.

Now we come to where you can find her in other social media areas:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...