Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Zombie With A Shotgun

With The Walking Dead, Zombieland and the like, you have HUMANS trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. What if... and stay with me here... the zombies (you read that right) protect themselves from the humans?

When I read that, I thought it was crazy, too! However, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. In fact, it sounds downright awesome. It's about time these other beings play defense! (I think I've been watching too much football.)

In "Zombie With a Shotgun" from Hilton Ariel Ruiz, we meet Aaron and Rachel, two humans with Aaron, the one whom is infected with a virus. They don't know what it is, and it's slow-moving. However, the other humans have decided that because he IS infected and IS a zombie, they must be killed. They [Rachel and Aaron] defend themselves from those that want them dead. So these two must find any way to survive.

Here's a link to all of the episodes: (Easier for you to watch)
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5



After watching a few of the episodes, I'm hooked! It's refreshing to see a new side of the zombie genre, and it's well done.

When I asked Ruiz what made him get into filming and create a whole new series just from the zombie's point of view, he had this to say...
I always wanted to do my own interpretation of the zombie genre. I was tired of seeing the same story and never understood why the genre never evolved.

Now that I've introduced you to the web series, I'd like to say that they are filming a full-length feature film, but need your help. They are raising $20k to get everything done that they will need. (I have ZERO experience in this field, but I'm assuming it is quite a hard task to do.)

If you'd like to help contribute, you may click on their GoFundMe link. Not that this should be your only motive, but there are perks as well!

Zombie With A Shotgun IMDB
Follow ZWAS on Twitter
Follow ZWAS on Facebook
Follow ZWAS on Vimeo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...