Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Visiting Bankstons: Local Geek Store


Yesterday was me and my sister's birthday, so we both decided that we would take a trip to Bankston's, a local store that has everything a geek lover would want- comic books, sports, collectibles, and a lot of other neat stuff! I'm not much of a sport fan, so I will leave it up to those who are.


I will admit that while I've lived in this city my entire life, I haven't visited that place before. They've been around since 1985, and for as long as I can remember they've been in the same shopping center. Since it's just a hop, skip, and a jump from where I currently live, a small walk was in order. I didn't know what to expect when I walked in, but boy did my mind dance around the whole place. There were comics, a giant Spiderman wearing a Santa hat holding a baby Spiderman (sadly, I didn't get a picture of this), and just around the corner was a life-size Stormtrooper.

Now, I will admit that my anxiety was a little high due to going into a brand new place. It usually does this visiting a store for the very first time, but after that? I will waltz in there and feel right at home... Which, oddly enough, how I felt the longer I stayed there. Right across from Bankston's is an equally geeky place called "Kings Landing." That is next on my list since they deal with games of any kind- board, card, retro, etc.

Okay okay, let's get on with the tour.
C3P0 greets you!
First walking in, you don't know where to start. We started at the right and worked our way to the middle of the store. You'll see why soon. But first, a few small goodies.
AAH! EVERY DOCTOR WHO COMIC!

Almost every Walking Dead item you'd want

Wait... there's a Doctor Who card game?

I WANT!

Now, in the middle of the store, you will find this fella guarding a room. Well, somewhat.
He doesn't answer any questions regarding where his dark overlord is. Needless to say, he's just stands there, but that's okay with me!

And a few more awesome things we found just browsing.

  


Before we left this wonderful world, we did come across a comic book that is old. And for $125, it can be yours. I'm going to admit that I know NOTHING of this comic, and would actually love more information on it. Any help??

There are a lot of items in that store that are on my Christmas wish-list, even at $8 for a Funko Pop. Of course, the life-size Stormtrooper is on there, although I am unsure if he is for sale.

Now, they do have DC/Marvel items, but I couldn't keep up with everything they have, so on the next trip we will concentrate on those. That is, if I make it past the Stormtrooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...