Saturday, November 12, 2016

Welcome Back! A Re-introduction

Why hello, my fellow geeks and geekettes! It has been nearly 2 years since my last post, and I have missed it immensely. What a whirl-wind these past 2 years have been. From having uvieitis in both eyes, to losing one of my oldest, furry four-legged destroyers, and lastly.... to getting into a relationship. We'll somewhat get into that last bit soon.

For those brand new to The Geeky Nutcase, it is time to introduce myself. I am Amanda, and I am a geek... and at times, a nerd. I have a twin sister who is also about as nerdy and geeky as I am. Wonder twin powers activate! More about me.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, which caused me become a shell. I referred to my worries as "Mr. Doom and Mrs. Gloom." I'd like to announce that my anxiety has slowed down to a trickle- meaning that while it is not 100% gone, I can freely go about life, again. And it feels good. You can laugh, smile, and enjoy being human once again. Who knew it was possible? Not I.

While I still enjoy the geek side of life, I have picked up a new addiction: Fishing. It's extremely relaxing, and takes me back to my childhood. (There may be times I talk about this. Don't say I didn't warn ya.)

Now, in a previous post, I mentioned that dating was not going to happen. I'd like to say that I am currently in a relationship, and it is quite a shock to me. While I'd love to spill the juicy details, unfortunately that's one thing I won't say. I will say, however, that I am very happy at where we are.

Our next few blog posts are going to be quite interesting. With the new Star Wars movie coming out, we will dive deeper into the first three. It will be a three-part series I'd like to call "Logical Star Wars," where we pit reality against fantasy. So, be on the look out for those!

{{{Just a quick note- We will be revamping the place soon. So please bear with us.}}}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...