Sunday, November 13, 2016

Jonathan Young: Disney Covers

For some unknown reason, lately I've been diving head first into all things Disney!

I guess it started a month or so ago when I was browsing YouTube, and stumbled upon Jonathan Young's channel. I first heard his metal cover of "Prince Ali," and I spent the rest of that night (going to bed in the wee hours that next morning) listening to his music. His voice matches perfectly for those evil Disney villains. Trust me. But I will say that he doesn't just cover the villainous songs, he also has those light-hearted musical numbers we've come to love. You'll see those browsing through his videos.

His channel doesn't only include Disney, but also Pokemon and others. Since I am not a Pokemon fan, I'll leave that up to the rest of you who are!

So, here are a few of my favorites.



"Bells of Notre Dame" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame with Caleb Hyles


"Mine, Mine, Mine" from Pocahontas

"Poor Unfortunate Souls" from The Little Mermaid



And because I like you guys, one more favorite!
"Circle of Life" (we already know where this is from)



So, if you have nothing to do tonight, I suggest you make your way to YouTube and give him a listen. If you'd like to follow him on all of the social media on the interwebz, his links are in the description of each of his videos. Easy peasy, right?

Now go have a "magical" day. (Yes, I realize how corny that was. No, I'm not ashamed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...