Friday, November 18, 2016

After Anxiety: What Still Lingers

I'm still working on the "Logical Star Wars" posts. Since these are very long and detailed movies, it will take a little while to remember every scene and see which ones would work.


In my re-introduction post, I mentioned that my anxiety has slowed down tremendously. It has, and while it isn't COMPLETELY gone, I can live life again. However, due to the anxiety, I picked up a lot of ways to help me deal/cope with it. Unfortunately, some of those have stuck around.

One of the those that has decided to hold up a permanent residence are the routines. While they vary from day to day, the routines stay the same. I have a morning and night routine that very rarely stray from the path. I will admit that while it may get on the nerves of my family from time to time, they've gotten very used to it by now. (And I will also admit that, hey, the routines get boring sometimes! But I can't stop!)

Next we move onto the next item... Music! Now, there was a time that when I'd be worrying, I'd have only a few songs on repeat to calm down the attack; and normally they'd be Steam Powered Giraffe, Abney Park, or The Cog Is Dead. I still listen to those guys, but lately it's been more of an 80's vibe going on. So, if I'm worrying about one particular thing, "Rock Me Amadeus," "Major Tom," or David Bowie's "Let's Dance" is on repeat. I can honestly say that I have no earthly clue as to why that calms me. It just does... and it's weird. Needless to say, however, it does take you to a different place at times.

I want to take this last moment to thank all of those who have been there for me during my roughest moments, and continue to be that supportive beam. Had it not been for y'all, I would've gone off the deep end long ago. And, this kids, is why I blog. To show you that you're not alone, and that there are others who know how you feel- so, don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...