Saturday, October 4, 2014

PlayMe: Alice in Wonderdice (Kickstarter)

I don't remember the first time I ever saw "Alice in Wonderland" by Disney, but I fondly remember the 1985 version with Sammy Davis Jr, as The Caterpillar ('Old Father William'), Red Button as The White Rabbit, and many other awesome celebrities that were popular at that time. We bought it on VHS (remember those?), and I do believe Twin and I played it out. A few years ago I saw that someone had uploaded it to YouTube. To be honest, I was immediately taken back to Saturdays where we would eat ice cream and watch the movie over and over. (That freaking Jabberwocky still gives me the heebie jeebies.)

A few days ago, I saw that someone had followed me on Twitter under "@wonder_dice." I was intrigued. I usually check out anyone who follows me because hey, isn't it just nice manners to follow them back? (Except maybe those spam weirdos.) I saw their profile had amazing illustrations of Alice In Wonderland-type things, and I knew I had to follow them back!

So, before I start getting into too many details about how I found out all about this cool game, let's get into what this game is about.

"I'm late for a very important date!"


From their Kickstarter page:
PlayMe: Alice in wonderdice is a board game that plunges 2-6 players between dreams and reality. Become one of Wonderland’s characters and be the first to catch the White Rabbit. Use different strategies, challenging your reflexes and your tactical skills with fun and frantic dice rolls. But be careful, because in this realm, the other side of the coin might be around the next bend. Are you ready to find a way out ?"
The description makes me want to play it IMMEDIATELY!!!

So, go check out their Kickstarter page, and maybe you'll fall down the rabbit's hole, too. Enjoy finding a way back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...