Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Will the Star Wars Episode 7 Cast Work?

(Photo Credit) Star Wars Cast Meeting
Back in April, the world received the exciting news that the cast for Star Wars: Episode VII had been chosen. Since I was raised on Star Wars, thank to my Dad, I know I was excited to see who they had chosen!

Well, I can honestly say that it will be interesting to say the least. A lot of the original cast will be part of it: Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Chewbacca Peter Mayhew (all 7'2" of him!), Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Kenny Baker. Before I move onto the newest members, I am a little curious on how Mark Hamill will be introduced as well as Kenny Baker. Let's face it- Hamill no longer has that baby-face look we fell in love with. And at 79, I wonder if Kenny Baker's parts will be short.

Okay, onto the newest inductees into the Star Wars branch. First we have John Boyega, who I have to be honest I have never heard of. He supposedly was in Attack of the Block, but I never saw it. Then you also have Daisy Ridley (relatively unknown), Adam Driver (Lincoln- great movie), Oscar Issac (The Bourne Legacy), Anthony Serkis (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes), Domhnall Gleeson (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1), and Mark von Sydow (The Exorcist).

The most nerve-wrecking part of all this? NO ONE seems to know what the newbies' roles will be! The veterans will still retain their original roles as Han Solo, Chewie, C3PO, etc. But because the movie isn't set to hit theaters until late next year, Star Wars fans are left biting their nails. So unless more news leaks out between now and the premiere, we are stuck wondering the what, where, and when. And maybe the why.

Anyone have any ideas on what the roles will be?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...