Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Nutcase's Daily Schedule

You know, I usually have some witty way of starting a blog post. For some reason, today my brain is decided to take an early weekend vacation- even if it is only Thursday. I'm hoping that by the end of the weekend I'll be caught up on lost sleep and feeling back to normal. I can't say for sure if that'll happen, but it is nice to dream, right?

I've started to realize that every part of my day is laden with routines. It starts when I get ready for bed and continues when I wake up. So even though it's probably a boring schedule, that's okay. Let's begin, shall we?

  • 1:00am-4:00am: I get offline and do my bedtime routine. I get some tea, fix my covers/pillows just the way I like them, and watch a little bit of T.V. until the sleep medicine kicks in. This is also the time when I usually enjoy the cuddles from our furry, four-legged destroyers.
  • 4:00am-11:59am: During these hours, I have weird or happy dreams. I've had dreams about... Yeah, let's not go there. Some of them are locked in my "Happy Dreams Vault." Let's just leave it at that.
  • 12:00pm-12:35pm: Wake up time! Sometimes, if I've had a particularly rough night of tossing and turning, my body and brain lets me sleep until 1. This, though, is not happening very rarely. Cue anxiety worries.
  • 12:45pm-1:00pm: Lunch! It depends on what I'm hungry for, but 99% of the time, I have a bowl of cereal. That's right, cereal.
  • 1:45pm-5:00pm: Get online and work. Okay, sometimes I take a break and play a game or two online. However, it always starts with checking e-mails, FedEx, UPS, and Facebook. It never deviates from that. 
  • 5:00pm-6:00pm: DINNER!!!! (This is pretty self explanatory, right?)
  • 6:30pm-10:30pm: During this time I read, journal, or play a nice game of Sudoku. Nothing exciting about that. Moving on.
  • 10:30pm-1:00am: More work. Every one else is usually asleep during this time, so it's usually quiet and I can be left with those nagging anxieties.
Somewhere in between being awake and going to sleep, there's also showers and laundry. Those are pretty standard things, so why include them?

Welcome to my day-to-day life. Everything I do revolves around a routine, and every single second is filled with anxiety. If something causes me to do something differently from that, I feel chaotic inside. It may be quite boring, but it keeps me sane.... somewhat. I usually keep tabs on the time so I know exactly what to do next. I'm not sure that's normal, but it feels normal to me.

I have to ask, does anyone else have a routine that may seem odd to someone else? I'm very curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...