Sunday, April 20, 2014

Take A Journal Break

At the moment, my journal is starting to sound like Groundhog's Day- the same worries over and over. The first entry of the day always starts off with my anxieties. Now that I think about it, that's probably a good thing. After that, I can continue to write about what else is on my mind. Sadly, they are neither exciting nor blog-worthy. They will stay locked in the vault!

When I start feeling bogged down by this disorder, I start a "break" page. If you follow me on my personal Facebook, you'll notice a photo album labeled "Break Pages." These are some doodles (or lack thereof) that I do in between 4 or 5 journal entries.
Loops galore!

Down the Tim Burton-esque spiral!
(Two of many break pages)

I've really come to enjoy drawing patterns. Repetition is my friend, apparently. It stirs creativity and I can concentrate on something else. HOORAY!!

Although this isn't completely new, I recently found out Zentangle! It's fun and allows your creativity to just flow!! For more information, you can visit here. At TanglePatterns.com, there are many patterns to help you get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...