Friday, April 25, 2014

I Watch Golden Girls + Congenital Anosmia

Have you ever had a bad hair day where you just sit there and question its existence? I'm full-frizz right now, which is normal for me, but still just as frustrating. 99% of the time, it's in a ponytail or just as messy bun. Luckily, very few people have seen me at full fuzzball.



So, aside from the hair problems, let's have some fun. Here are some weird things you may (or may not) know about me.
  • Every night, per my nightly routine, I watch The Golden Girls, and have for a few years now. I've seen every single episode several hundred (slight exaggeration) times, and it's funny every time. Somehow, I see my sister and me as Dorothy and Sophia- even if they are mother and daughter. We have that kind of relationship: loving, yet sarcastic.
  • I have congenital anosmia. Sounds weird, right? It's the lifelong inability to smell that starts from birth. My mother has it and passed it on to me. While I'll never know what chocolate, roses, or baked cookies will smell like, I also don't have to worry about those weird and gross smells. It can be a blessing, actually.
  • Halloween is actually most my favorite holiday. I get excited when stores start carrying Halloween decorations. If my budget allowed it, I'd buy everything I wanted. Luckily, several forces (namely my family) keeps me on the right track. Yay family!
  • If you haven't noticed by now, I am a huge Star Wars fan. I'm slowly trying to grow my collection of any and all Star Wars stuff. My dear sister is helping.
  • I have a small phobia of driving. I worry that I'll get into an accident or get pulled over by a cop even if I am going the speed limit. It even extends to being a passenger... This is probably the reason I must have the radio on. I can concentrate on messing up the lyrics in a song instead, or playing air guitar in the passenger seat. I DON'T CARE WHO SEES ME!

1 comment:

  1. No, I think you've seen at least a couple of episodes a hundred times. If you can quote an episode I've never seen, then I'd say you've seen it more than a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...