Friday, March 7, 2014

Back From My Short Sabbatical

First off, let me apologize for my absence. There were several reasons why I took this time off. One of the main reasons were/was that our computer had went *kaput.* Apparently the hard drive is shot and will need replacing. That won't happen for a while, but luckily we were able to get a new laptop and now we're back to being connected to the world wide web. (When was the last time anyone said that?)

The less-than-exciting reason was purely mental. I was having a few rough anxiety days that required me to really concentrate on getting over that hump. I journaled my little heart out, played every word game that was on the Kindle; and with the downtime of the computer, I started hammering out details of a new book. Let's just say that this is a non-fiction book (compared to the one fiction I already started writing a few years ago). Despite the problematic days before, I am feeling like myself self again.

*Ahem*

Spring is around the corner and we've started planting seeds! We've created little mini soda bottle greenhouses. It looks something like this:
Image from Dabbletree

We are currently growing Cosmos, Chinese Lanterns, Bee Mix (I can't really remember what seeds were in that mix), Carnations, Texas Wildflowers, and I'm sure there are a few others. I have to tell you, I've never been one to have a green thumb, but I'm going to try my hand *bad dum tss* at it this year.

Sorry about the pun. I couldn't help myself.

1 comment:

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...