Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sneaky Ninja Anxiety Attacks

Dear Brain,
We must talk. NOW!!!

There are days when I am glad that they are over. The new day can begin and I can start my schedule (or routine.) Yesterday evening, I had an anxiety attack that really came out of no where. I'm 95% sure that my brain had something to do with it. The physical symptoms of an anxiety attack started showing themselves, and there was no way to stop it. 30 minutes later, I felt almost back to normal.

So what initially caused it? I don't know. It could have been a myriad of things. Since it was my first time with such a sneaky anxiety attack, I freaked out and started worrying more. That's usually what happens, right? It's an avalanche that is unstoppable! Once that ball starts rolling, it gets bigger and bigger. I kind of like to picture a person running away from the huge anxiety attack ball yelling, "NO!!! IT'S AFTER ME!" (I might have to create this picture. Drawing skills, I demand you to show yourselves!)

What should one do in the case of a sneaky attack?  Whatever you do with a normal anxiety attack, do the same for this. There's no "calm down" mantra that works for me, but if it does for you, then use it. Since the sneakiness comes on suddenly and without warning, it's hard to figure out how to react to it. Hopefully it only happens once in a blue moon. That would certainly save the sanity... or what is left of it. Heh

Has anyone ever had one of these evil ninja attacks? How did you overcome it?






By the way, I'm hoping to have some Steampunk posts coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...