Saturday, February 8, 2014

Anxiety Update: End Of The Week


Can I just say how awesome the brain can be? It can store memories, song lyrics, and that little bit of useless information that you may need some day in the future. Believe me, knowing when a movie came out will settle an argument later down the line. It also has the ability to scare the living daylights out of you.

While I've only had a handful of anxiety attacks this week, there's always that tiny voice in the back of my mind saying, "HA! You only THINK it's been a good one. Don't worry, my pretty. I'll get you." Okay, so maybe the voice has been watching too much The Wizard of Oz. Luckily for me, I can shut it up with chocolate. It sometimes helps.

I've realized something on this journey of The Great Anxiety Adventure- when you have anxiety, making decisions is a very hard thing to do. I'm the process of picking out a comforter for the bed. There are 2 that really stand out to me, and I can't decide between them! Yes, that may not be a problem for some, but for us, it is. What if we choose the wrong one and it doesn't look good, or perhaps something else happens and you need to return it? It's a huge thought process to us. Think of it as a scale. There's many levels, and the top one (the final one) is that you have finally made a decision and you stand firm to it. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Fortunately, I have help in that department.

So, I'd grade this week as a C-. At least it wasn't an F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...