Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Anxiety Update!



So its been a while (okay, long time) since I've updated on how my anxiety was/is doing. Let me just start off by saying it has been a roller coaster ride for me.

At the start of the new year, I was feeling fine and dandy. My anxiety was basically at a 5, on a scale from 0 to 10. 0 being no anxiety whatsoever, and 10 being "THE SKY IS FALLING!" Not bad, right? I had my normal daily worries, and I curbed whatever new thoughts popped into my head. I even began sleeping well at night. Insomnia to GAD is like.... well, us anxiety folks suffer from insomnia- let's just leave it at that.

A few days ago, that 5 went to 10 and beyond when a kitty of ours started getting sick. Like a worried Mama, I kept checking on him every chance I got. 2 days (or is it only 1 day?) later, he [the kitty] is much better. I realized how much I had worried and that he is a fighter and is strong. Of course, coddling him, I'm sure, made him feel safe and comfortable. My little ham.

When you go from low to high so quickly, it exhausts your body from every point it can. You're exhausted mentally, physically, and sometimes spiritually. Luckily, my spirit is just fine. You must remember that when you are suffering from an anxiety attack (no matter how small), take it easy until you feel well enough to continue. Actually, EPBOT has a wonderful list of what your loved one can do it in the midst of a panic attack. CLICK 'ERE (just making sure you see it. *wink* )

Today's anxiety is at a 4 now that I've had some much-needed rest and a relaxing day. I hope tomorrow is just as good and I continue 2014 with good, healthy thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...