Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Spirit, Where Are You?

I've been feeling very "blah" lately. A few weeks ago, you could just see the holiday spirit dripping out of me. Now that we're only 15 minutes from Christmas Eve, that holiday spirit has been sucked out of me. I'm going to blame it on the stress and anxiety.

When I was a little girl, the day after Thanksgiving was exciting for me; that meant the Christmas decorations were coming out! I can clearly remember my favorites: A jumping nutcracker ornament (I was constantly told to stay away from the tree because I was always playing with it), a Santa with his reindeer cardboard cut-outs, and this long, leather-type thing with jingle bells on it. My sister and I would always try to do some sort of Christmas song on it. Jingle Bells was the only song we got right for obvious reasons.

When Mom would bring out boxes and boxes of decorations, I'd get that warm, fuzzy feeling all over. It made me want to watch every Christmas movie/special ever made, listen to every Christmas song out there, become giddy with  excitement. To be honest, I miss those times. Christmas was full of wonder and magic in my young eyes.

For the past month and a half I have been dealing with an infection that is as stubborn as they come. Almost 3 weeks of antibiotics have left my poor immune system weak. I spent most of my time worrying if I ever was going to heal by the time New Years came around. Well, I have good news! I am 99.1% (that .1 is important, I promise) the way there! I am no longer on antibiotics and should be good by 2014.

This holiday season just hasn't felt magical. As much as I try to force myself to get into it, I just can't. I am hoping that as Christmas Eve day goes on, I'll get it back.

Happy Holidays from The Geeky Nutcase!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...