Saturday, May 25, 2013

Happy Geek Pride Day!

A few days ago, I received an e-mail that said "Happy Geek Pride Day!" I didn't really know we had a day, so I had to search to see what day it actually landed on- and that would be May 25th.

We. Have. A. Day. Hooray!!

Let your geek flag fly!!! (I need to get me a flag to actually fly. If you see a flag that says "Geek" on it, would you pass it to me?)

In other news, I've decided to do a caffeine cleansing of my body. I will be going 30 days without any soda, or pop. So far, I'm on day two, and I'm not sure how well this will go over. I know that I'm doing it for my health. Studies show/say that caffeine makes anxiety worse. It's not just for my anxiety health, but as well as for my physical health. However, I am starting to crave that carbonated goodness! That syrupy, dark, overloading-my-tastebuds goodness.

I've heard that it takes 30 days to break a habit. In that case, there are other habits I need to break, but I'd be pretty boring without those habits. Plus, having some sort of "routine" allows me to concentrate on something else other than the anxiety.

One foot in front of the other, right? I SHALL CONQUER THE CAFFEINE MOUNTAIN! (that sweet, sweet mountain....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...