Sunday, April 14, 2013

Steampunk Persona?

So, a few weeks ago (or was it just last week?), I've decided that I'm delving into the full Steampunk culture rather than just being a lurker with one foot out of the closet. In order for me to come out of my comfortable, anxiety-free bubble, I must go at it full force. I can do this!
Steampunk Jack & Sally (Found at http://mecaniquefairy.deviantart.com/)

Now, I have a wee bit of a problem. While I have come up with a name and backstory (and you shall meet her much later on in the year!), what shall she be? I like the idea of being an aristocrat, but in my mind, I'm much more of an adventurer. I like the idea of traveling to exotic lands pillaging and finding treasures. Oh wait, wrong time era. You get the gist of it, right? I also like the idea of being an Aristocratic Adventurer. Looking elegant while getting down and dirty in the desert.

I've heard that you must do something you are comfortable with, so you don't get burned out on it. Let it come to you. Okay brain, you win. Hopefully you will come out with a decision that has me looking sassy and kicky assy.

There is another realization that I'd rather not think about at the moment: Clothing. I can't just walk around naked. Who wants to see that? Buying the clothes seems so expensive. Frankly, I like the idea of making my own outfit and getting creative and whatnot. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands if DIY tutorials on the interwebz. Of course, one would need a sewing machine, wouldn't they? (Mental note: Invest in some sort of sewing machine in the future. You'll need it.) Plus all of the accessories that goes with it? Yes, I think DIY is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...