Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wizard of Oz-esque Nail Fun

I don't remember my first time watching The Wizard of Oz. I just remember that I thought Dorothy and her friends were awesome. The wicked witch scared the milk and cookies out of me. She was after those ruby red slippers that looks FABULOUS on Dorothy's feet.
Sparkles!
I was inspired by those beauties to come up with my own version for my nails. I like the look of glitter as it hits the light. Depending on how much you put on depends on how sparkly it will appear. (And just like Edward from those Twilight series, it'll even sparkle in the sunlight.)

Nail Polish Needed

  1. Make sure your nails are clean of any residing nail polish/debris. This will make the base coat stick a lot easier.
  2. Add the base coat, and allow it to completely dry. We are protecting the nails from any harm the glitter may do. 
  3. Grab the St James nail polish and add one coat. Allow it to dry.
  4. Add another coat of St James. The 2 coats will make the color a little darker, but that's what will make the glitter stand out. Let it dry (good idea, right?)
  5. Grab the Be-Claus I Said So and add one coat. This takes a while to dry, so make sure you aren't doing anything while it dries.
  6. After it's dried, add another coat. The better coverage of the glitter nail polish, the better it will look. And like the past 5, dry.


If you feel like you need to add a clear top coat on top, go ahead. I didn't because I didn't have any at the time.

I know The Wizard of Oz isn't geeky, but gosh darnit, it sure is pretty!

(Wee little note: The camera does not show just how "ruby reddish" it really is. And please excuse my poor nail polish painting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...