Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines Day Is Tomorrow- And I'm Not Ready!

I'm giving you my plastic heart.
I'm in quite a pickle this year. It doesn't have anything to do with boyfriends/significant others (waahhh!!), but it does have everything to do with losing Valentines Day cards for your mom and dad.

I've misplaced them! Mayday! Mayday!!!!!! I was super-duper excited to get a head on this year of greeting cards. I couldn't wait to surprise them with it- since I spent quite a long time picking them out. Now, sadly, it seems I may have to go through that all again. They are nowhere to be found. I'm suspecting some little house elf (Hooray for book references!) took them. Who knows? Maybe in a few months I'll eventually find them; and then I'll be ready for next year!

Nothing says "I love you" like a card with "2012" printed somewhere on it. I'm sure they'll understand..... right?

So, does anyone have any plans on how they are going to spend it? I normally don't have plans. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on something for one day, I liked to spread it out throughout the year. It's kind of like rain. If you just shower all of it in one day, it'll flood the house. Spread it out and things will have a chance to bloom and grow.

I never thought I'd be using spring as an analogy/metaphor to express love.

I hope there's chocolate in there somewhere.



And the love of my family.

Image courtesy of anekoho / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...