Sunday, February 3, 2013

T-Mobile Sparq Review

I originally thought, that when I started The Geeky Nutcase, I wasn't going to do any reviews. This was my writing outlet- whether it be funny, weird, or random. Then I decided, "It's technology. It's a phone. Technology can be geeky, right? Let's do it!" So, I've come to the conclusion that if I can help some poor soul decide if they want this phone or not, then I'll be doing my geekily duty.

Let's start the show, shall we?

I love new toys!
This is the T-Mobile Sparq. How did I come across it? I'm glad you asked!

A few days ago, my sister's phone died; death by water. She was getting a new phone. Me? I've had one that has lasted many good years, but decided I wanted something new, something spiffy. It didn't have to cost a hundred dollars. All I needed was a phone that had a keyboard because of the arthritis in my left right thumb (it makes it easier to text and all that wonderful jazz). Is it weird to only have arthritis in one appendage? I thought so, too.

Anyways, this phone was at Wal-Mart for $40. SCOOOOOOOOORE!!!!! It was a slider phone, and it wasn't going to cost me my arm, leg, and slightly more important, my sanity. Looking at the box it was nicely packaged in, it was perfect. I pulled myself away from all of the wonderful stuff I could buy and headed toward the checkout.

Getting it home and charged, I knew I would have no problem setting it up. I just slipped in my SIM card from my older phone, and whoosh! I was ready for business.
I am your new phone, bow down to me!
Dislikes
- The ability to upload pics/music from computer. Unless you have a micro memory card, fahget about it. Somewhere in the manual (and they don't tell you where), you'll need to download Alcatel's PC Suite. That thing suuuuuuuuuucks. It's like trying to get a cat to play "Fetch." Not happening.

- Ringtones. They are pretty much just standard and blah. If you don't have said micro memory card or interwebz access on your account, then you are stuck with those.

Likes
- That keyboard. That keyboard. That keyboard. (I think that says it all)

- 4 words: No more butt dialing!

All in all, not a bad little phone. I just wish I could add music. Why won't you work with me, Sparq? Was it something I said?

(Wee little note: I used my own money for this phone. Nothing was given to me to facilitate this- except the receipt of my purchase and correct change.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...