Monday, January 28, 2013

Steam Powered Giraffe

Rabbit, The Spine, Hatchworth (in order from left to right)

In my very first post, you saw me mention them. I thought I'd give them their own little post since I think I'm addicted to them and their sound.

So, how did I come across this fantastic band? Well, it all started when I became a subscriber of the blog EPBOT. She does this thing called "Saturday Steam" where she points out her favorite steampunk finds! (She has excellent taste!) Well, this particular Saturday Steam ended with 2 videos- one from Abney Park and Steam Powered Giraffe. Seeing as I've never heard of them and I'm always on the look-out for new music, I decided to give them a try. The video? "Honeybee". Within the first few minutes, I think I had fallen in love. The sound. The lyrics. The music. All of it. I was entranced.

The next video I checked out was "Brass Goggles." Another fantastical tune brought by these guys.

Oh wait.... you mean you actually wanna see what I'm talking about? Okie dokie then!
"Honeybee"

"Brass Goggles"
Make sure you actually do follow the bouncing pug head.
It will show you the way.

Oh, sing it guys!
(I will own an autographed poster one day. Yes I will....)

So, you will most likely hear me talk about them quite a bit.

Check out their Website (click on the picture to enter), Facebook
Buy them on Amazon and iTunes

3 comments:

  1. I thought that Jon (The long haired guy. That's him, right?) wasn't that very good at the whole "robot" thing unless his character was a robot that was halfway human. Haven't seen Hatchworth perform, so I can't say anything about him yet.

    I think you also forgot to mention that they do their own makeup, which I find fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, The Jon (and yes, the long haired one) was with them when they originally started. So, he was one of the original members.

    I do have to wonder, though, how long it takes them to do their makeup. Anyone willing to ask them?

    ReplyDelete

Show geeky love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...